Monday, September 3, 2012

Music Mosaic

Cinnamons
Above is the link to the song that inspired these pictures.









The song that inspired these pictures is actually my own. I performed and recorded each of the instruments separately and then put them together. It is titled "Cinnamons" because at the time of recording the song I found it humorous to call two similar things "cinnamons" instead of the correct term: synonyms. I also felt that the quirkiness of the joke was fitting for the sound of the song. I purposefully chose to record a slightly out of tune guitar, an out of tune piano, and an old beat up drum-set.
As I listen to the song I try to forget that its my own and to listen to it as if it were someone else's and then try to picture what could have been the inspirations they had behind it. The combination of slightly out tune instruments creates a song that makes me feel like I don't need to care about everything being perfect, what's most important is to have a good time and to do what I love.

I felt that the song was recorded just for fun after eating chinese take out. I felt that if a string was missing from his guitar he wouldn't have cared enough to put another one on, but just record it with 5 strings instead and then act like he did it on purpose. I felt that he would turn on a lava-lamp to show that his piano is probably from the era when lava-lamps were groovy. I felt that he would have found a way to be eating while playing the song. I felt that it had just finished raining outside. I felt that he would have put up something unique on a wall and act like it contained a deeper meaning than what's seen at first glance. I felt that his sense of humor was that of irony. Lastly, I felt that as the song came to a less acoustic more distorted end, he probably would have moved on to play N64 with his roommates and then watch the sunset with someone he cares for.


1 comment:

  1. I'm a fan, and I think the picture of you eating while playing is especially true to the feel of the song and your description of it. Fun stuff!

    ReplyDelete