Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Protest Poster



Artist Statement:

                I'll be honest, before this project the most research I had done on the election was watching the hilarious "Bad Lip-Reading" of the debate on Youtube. So it was a good thing that I was given this assignment so I would have to do more research on the matter. As I did I saw that the number one issue seemed to be how to fix our decaying economy and inside that how to create more jobs for everyone in the US. I saw that it was addressed by both candidates very heavily and they both agreed that something needed to be done but no solid or specific plan of action was presented to us. 
                My own understanding of the Issue has grown because through my research I learned of a few of the not so solid plans that were given as possibilities to create new jobs. Romney wants to lower the wages and benefits of government workers and he says that by doing so we can save 47 billion dollars. Then by doing this the money saved can be used to create new jobs. However one problem with this is that the Electoral College is going to basically be accepting a pay cut if they vote for Romney. Obama wants to search for oil and other energy resources here in America and that will create lots of jobs. I guess it will, but are they really going to find anything? I feel like if there was it would have been found by now.
                 I chose to represent this issue in this way because it addresses the problem in a simple and easy to understand way and it delivers all that I wanted to share. The main thing I wanted to share is that this question isn't a Yes or No question and somehow Romney and Obama missed that part. As I shared this on Facebook I didn't get too much feedback, just some likes. The reason I think I didn't get much feedback is because I was attacking both the democrats and the republicans and so no one felt strongly to stand up because both are in the wrong on this one. 

No comments:

Post a Comment