Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Fireside



Fireside Reflection Statement:
This was definitely one of my favorite things we have done all semester. I gained so much from it that I don't even know where to begin. I was blown away with the amazing stories that were told and all of the hardships that everyone has overcome. It made me feel like my trials that I've gone through were very minuscule to what everyone else has overcome. Their stories were very inspirational to me and I have learned a lot from their examples.

My favorite part of the night was Scott's turn. I loved his telling of the story of being a member of a different faith at BYU. He said he appreciated many people's attempt to share their beliefs with him and he knows their intentions were charitable, but many times it saddens him that so many people are eager to change him. I had never thought of it that way but now I will never forget that perspective and so I am really grateful for Scott sharing this experience at the fireside.

The story I told was one I have told many times but it actually has been a while since I told it last. It was very good to reflect on that personal story again and remember how much of a difference it made in my life. From this fireside I have learned that it is very important to reflect on past experiences every so often so that we can learn from our past experiences and make sure we don't make the same mistakes over again when we should have learned from our past.

1 comment:

  1. I can't believe it took me so long to read this artist's statement. I'm glad my address was impactful to you because it came from my heart. I really enjoyed hearing your story and the strong emotions that accompanied it as well. Thanks for the kind words, man.

    ReplyDelete